Monday, April 6, 2009

The Bedtime Chatter Battle

"Mommy Erin's talking..." "No I amn't*! Emma's the one who's talking!" And so it goes pretty much every night here at our house. This of course is in between back rubs, water breaks, and knock-knock "jokes". Last night when Mike went to check on the girls he heard Erin chatting away, and he said, "Why are you still talking? You're supposed to be sleeping." Her reply? "I'm praying to Jesus!"

We have 38 more nights for the bedtime chatter battle and then we bid farewell to bunk beds. Soon they will be separated by walls with no one to annoy but themselves (and of course, their adoring parents).

*Note: The word "amn't" is Erin's creation which comes from putting together the words 'am' and 'not'. At some point I will correct her but for now, it's just cute.

1 comment:

Karen said...

That's so funny. Shayne said "amn't" for the longest time too. I've never heard any one else say that. Good at generalizing those language rules I guess.