Saturday, March 7, 2009

China Moments

Things still look "on track" for a May departure date and we are starting to get back in the mode - well at least the very early stages - of getting ready.  We need to decide what we will take with us on the plane, what will be shipped via sea, what will be stored, and what needs to vanish.

Our relocation company in China asked me about our preferences for our driver:
- Do you want a driver that speaks English?..."Yes"
- Do you want a non-smoker?..."Yes"
- Do you want a driver that knows the streets of Dalian?..."WELL YEA!!!"

I could could see us now trying to communicate with our driver to agree on what location we are trying to describe, and them have him ask me where it is.  At this point I can find two locations really well; the hotel I always stay at and my favorite hot pot restaurant (which I can walk to from my hotel).  

Our friends that are already there have been telling us that it is still very cold (might get up to 32F/0C) but nice and clear.  Damon, if you read this...I was in shorts and a T-shirt working in the yard today.

- Michael 

No comments: