Monday, December 1, 2008

Did we say January...???

Well, I resigned from my teaching position, the movers were scheduled, and our plane tickets were purchased...January 3rd was to be our grand exit...alas, it is not so! Michael received the "official" word today that our move has been pushed to mid-March. Yes, you read that correctly - we will be hanging around for an extra couple of months. There are mixed emotions as you can well imagine. I am grateful for extra time of course, but the uncertainty (because does March actually mean March? or will that turn into June or July?) is truly a test of faith and flexibility.

Mike and I have reveled in our individual and joint pity parties and have come to this conclusion: We cannot change what we do not contol. Our family is healthy, we have our home, we have one stable income, and countless other blessings - we will keep our sense of humor and our appreciation for all that is right in our lives.

Stay tuned...more to come!

4 comments:

Kristine said...

Hi Geneal! Glad I got this link. The girls will be happy to follow pics of your girls, too :-)

Anonymous said...

Wow, and here we were telling everyone that we knew people going to China soon!! While I can't say that I completely understand about the push back, I know what it is like to live with uncertainty, etc. Our prayers are with you...have you ever thought of Fargo for a vacation??? You have the time now, right?? ;-)

Karen said...

It was good to see you Friday night:)

Anonymous said...

Wow! Hadn't checked on your blog for awhile. I still thought you were on your way in January. Well, might be nice to not be so rushed around the holidays.......
Hope they get you going by March. Hard to have your life put on hold.
Love,
Auntie Judy